Thursday, May 11, 2006

No Need...



No Need

I peak thru the drapery to investigate the weather
And see that it is the same as yesterday...damp and chilly.

So I continue straightening the bedclothes, with the thought
Of slipping into the warm flannel, my head sinking into the fluffy pillows.

No need to get up just yet
Today the same as yesterday, the same as the day before...

I lie with my cat who has flopped himself up tight to me.
He grooms himself for a moment or two...

Then just snuggles into me to sleep...

No need to get up just yet...

Today the same as yesterday, the same as the day before...

No need...but I want!


+++ Please Note: This poem was written between the time I had to put my Dachshund-Terrier, Maxie, "down" and I bought M. the English Bulldog pup he always wanted. Lizzy (Elizabeth Jane I) and I got into a schedule and we still got naps in...until we adopted the brother-sister Welsh Corgi-Mix pup duo, Schroeder and Peppermint Patty from a local rescue group. Our days of naps - just because - were definitely over! *Smile* +++

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a lovely Poem My Lady

sonic

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home